Cam selection

Thchad

go with what voldo suggested.  193-b.    i'm going to be running the same soon.  just to wake it up a bit.   

you'l get a bit more power going bigger.  but unless you build everything engine and bolt on wise, to work together.  you wont get the results you should.  plus you will have all the drawbacks of running big cams on top of that

Haha yeah I have he's put me onto a few real good places to find the last rwd parts I've needed, just need the altinator mounting bracket and bar and it'll be all sorted. Going in an Ae85 just like Andrews but hatch instead of notch back

• 3 weeks later...

maybe too late but I would suggest talking to Kiwi cams here in palmy. old guy who ran it for years and years worked for TRD doing their cams on rally/race cars through the 80's... will be the best money you've ever spent. 

got them to do a set of race cams for 20V.. asked for power between 4000-9000rpm and plenty of torque with standard compression and got exactly what I asked for! car pulls like a champ. 

also +1 for go as big as possible. 20V cams were 304in 292ex and very streetable would easily drive around town on them. 

Touge, where did you hear that the dude running Kiwi Cams worked for TRD doing their cams? Its a different story to what I have heard, so interested to hear more.

The original owner of kiwi cams was a guy named snow who worked for the Toyota GroupN rally team in NZ in the 80's as the engine guy - he is a magician with cams and Toyota engines.

Only problem is he's in his 70s and sold the business a couple of years back. He's still available for info and all of his grinds are loaded on the computer, but apparently spends most of his time doorting around NZ in a camper van now.

New owner is a guy called Terry Paterson who has a V8 powered 1st gem accord drag car. He knows v8s, but has noting on snow IMO.

• Like 1