wannabe's salon (SW20) and smoking lounge (GS131) of nein style

wannabe

Yeah I realise a manual will be hard haha, I just wanna check if those codes are correct. And yup the engine is never gonna be a power house, but it is lazy and slow=enough for a daily till it dies and I have saved up enough for an engine swap. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So in some sooper awesome news. MR2 now has a wof, and the Impuls are on. However the shitty paint that I used meant that they are now chipped. However, the car looks amazing!

Now I just need to find smaller tires for the front as the 225s on there currently are rubbing like cray. So if anyone in Wellington has some 205s, that they have spare, that would be amazing!

So today managed to hop over to storage to pick up my Rays to go onto the fronts of the MR2 as they are 205/16s so won't rub on the strut like the Impuls did. So stoked with how similar the Rays look to the Impuls, and they don't fit too bad either. Will have to paint this pair to match the Impuls me thinks. 

DSC03088_zps4f98f9c2.jpg

Thankfully the offsets are nice and spot on too!

DSC03089_zps54550c88.jpg

DSC03087_zps089cb5b2.jpg

And final pic of the two shitboxes. Today on the Crown we managed to unseize the front left brake caliper, and swap out the front bushes to prep it for its wof recheck. Now needs a caliper rebuild kit (apparently doesn't exist at my usual part haunts/totes love obscure cars....) and some front brake pads. Should hopefully be wofd by next weekend, and then slam time!

Will be saving up some coin for the MR2 too as will be tuning it soon, so this should be an interesting experience doing it myself lol. 

New caliper kit for the Crown coming from Toyota, and will have new front brake pads this weekend as well. Hopefully the car might be able to go in for its wof recheck tomorrow and if it passes, Saturday could also be slam time while doing the brakes. But we shall see!

This weekend will also be spent on a long drive in the MR2 to see if any bugs rear their head and if I can iron them out. The longest journey I have done so far is 65kms and not even fully wringing it so will be trial by fire(hopefully not again).

Come at me weekend!

I have pair of these sebrings in 16x7 5x114  , Cool two piece wheels

Never seen an assembly like em as the centers dont fit out of the barrels so are shaved on two sides to fit and then these funny spacer/washer type things about 120mm long  bolt behind that section.

Yeah Sebring centres are offset on 2 sides, weird eh? Do you know why though? Cos the barrel design has such a huge stagger towards the middle, the centres don't fit unless they are put in on an angle like that lol. Unsure why though? We were discussing this, and thought it could be to do with tubed tires? Who knows lol

• 2 weeks later...

Wofd and regd=feelsgoodman.

Had a sweet weekend off just racking up the mileage on the MR2 and Crown. Couple of issues with the MR2 currently in terms of alignment issues (read sliding too much) and a messy shift linkage. But otherwise, the turbo swap was all successful, and nice fat boostsss now. Will be saving up some coin to nab the last few bits I want to do to it before trying to learn how to tune/blow it up. Also been trying to figure out if w2a would be something I'd like to do.....

And also racked a decent amount of ks in the Crown too after I cleaned the inside again! Not the most fuel efficient car, but it should get better once I have fixed the CEL. Also managed to fit the supposed "lowering springs" into the front and rear. The rears were too low/I was scraping tire, and the fronts aren't really that much lower.

DSC03091_zps283c6b86.jpg

Fail. So the plan is to get some one ways in the front to bring it down quite a bit as it's looking oh so sad. And the rear springs are too low/insta sticker material, so I will be looking to get some replacement rears to finetune the ride heigh...cough cough... In the mean time, a bit of rake for giggles. 

DSC03112_zps773b7ef6.jpg

Might as well donk that shizz. Picture of the engine bay after another clean. The rocker cover is bugging me, so will be doing something about that soon once I get the other nagging bits sorted out. 

DSC03107_zps78fc8135.jpg Might do something about the inlet manifold too as its sad/oxidised. 

Height comparison fail using super accurate equipment.

Fronts

DSC03096_zps07a98960.jpg

Ideally I would like this to be around 1 finger or less. 

Rears

DSC03097_zps93c7ae16.jpg

Might as well just fist it...

Apart from that, made some other progress in the interior as well. Finally got my rear reading lights working.

DSC03100_zps4cb95fc3.jpg

Another clean and scrub of the inside. I removed the carpets when I washed them. 

DSC03098_zpsc9ebe1f4.jpg

However, this side of the car is annoying me. It seems like paint/cement/cum stain of some kind was spilt previously and is caked on the carpet. Anyone know of how to fix this? Its annoying me as the foot carpets are stained too. 

DSC03099_zpsdcbff1c0.jpg

And another stain I'm not too fond of in the back. Hoping that a couple of goes with carpet stain remover will cure it. 

DSC03104_zps01a11190.jpg

Will also need to rip into the centre dash to get my ac lights working as all work, apart from the vent controls backlight.

DSC03111_zps23e4964b.jpg

Anyone know what this thing is? It's been boggling me all day today lol.

DSC03110_zps738fae89.jpg

Pic dump

DSC03114_zpsca12d7dc.jpg

DSC03113_zps7d3d9685.jpg

The 1jz in the JZS130 i have was really good on gas. Was about 100 a fill and about 450 - 500km to a tank round town driving. Clocked up 600 on a fill going from auckland to ohakune and around on the open roads.

Like i said earlier, the 1gfe in these are straight up dangerous. So slow and u have to have ur foot flat to the floor to even pull out into traffic. I was eons ago going to fit a 1gfe out of a Altezza to my first crown i had, but never went thru with it. Would have been a good/interesting conversion.

lexus3a.jpg

1gfe dreams