Bike Carb Fuelling

Beaver

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I had the same thought when I started putting it all together.

There is only one place the fuel can get into the bowls ant that is via the float valve. The needle has a rubber tip which seals against a brass/metal seat so suppose the needle tip could be buggered so will start there. They are so stupidly simple that its so frustrating when something isnt right haha. These carbs done even have a rubber diaprham to perish!

I had all the jets out yesterday and not a single o-ring or seal in sight so I dont think there is much to go wrong.

I still reckon it could be the float needle valve eh.

I got rebuild kit for my cb400 carbs and when i hold the float up with my hand and blow into the fuel intake i risk blowing all the blood vessels in my face. It seals hardcone.

So i reckon it aint sealing and allows the fuel to keep coming in.

Get new needle valves all round? /swap the leaking carb with another carb and see if issue is moved.

its only that back carb eh?

• Like 1

KIRK for president.

Anyways, I dont care about any of you so ive brought a new pump and will get rebuild kits to throw at the carbs them bolt it all up and when it works (touch wood) I wont care what the actual cause was.

Hows that for logic.

• Like 2