Hamilton Monthly Meet - 27th Feb -Burger Fuel @ The Base

Yowzer

You need to go to auckland and get a taste for how these social meets go down. Standing in a carpark talking shit about cars is kinda the whole point since its our shared interest and were trying to bring our cars. And no offence but the direction shouldn't really be pushed by the guys who don't make the effort to show up

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And no offence but the direction shouldn't really be pushed by the guys who don't make the effort to show up

None taken.

I'm not trying to push anything but if you arent already getting attendee's then your current plan obviously isnt working.

Isnt one of the points to attract new members and such?

The last time I went it felt like people were just there to get it over and done with.

Yes as I was discussing with the council earlier, the idea was to try and make it more like the Auck meet (that often gets 30-40 people showing up), and we realized that most of you hadn't been to the aucks.

The reason we don't do BBQ / beer meets at peoples houses is it makes a bit awkward for new peeps showing up to someones house they don't know.

Also, I personally don't like randoms at my house.

Same with the needing beers. I like the occasional (often) beer, but Wednesday ain't the best day to sink some piss. Especially when we gotta drive back home too.

I'm not saying we can't have beers or anything, but it's not a priority or a necessity.

BBQ at the gardens is fun, but packing up a bbq every time is a bit of a hassle, and small portable bbqs are pretty gay. I ain't opposed to it though so if peeps are keen we can roll that.