P_Star's Fizzer of not keeping long

P_Star

Ok, as you spammers will know I picked up this little thing essentially by accident... Guy I used to work with bought it off a mate for a bottle of bourbs... it then sat in the work carpark for a couple of years due to him not having anywhere to work on it... everyone was getting sick of it being there. I saw it months ago for about 5 minutes and offered him a hundy to take it off his hands, he accepted eventually.

Truth be told I didn't even know what it was when I made the offer other than it looked moderately complete. Turns out it is a 198? (87/89 or so) Yamaha FZR250 Genesis with 8500kms on the clock, super tidy and complete. Only issue is a crack in the left hand side fairing that is easily enough fixed. Otherwise mint including factory tools etc.

only downside is it is dereg but has a vin plate etc so shouldn't be too much of an issue to rectify that situation.

Essentially it has been parked for the last 13 years, so I wiped off the dust and this appeared:

IMG_20130120_143137.jpg

IMG_20130120_143129.jpg

IMG_20130120_143121.jpg

IMG_20130120_143113.jpg

Plan at this stage is just drop all the fluids, top up, throw a battery at it and see how it runs, looks like all is ok but we shall see. Then re-vin ride/sell(assuming I don't fall in love haha)

• Like 1

good luck letting yourself sell that

I know, that's why I'm not looking forward to riding it haha... it was such a pleasant place to sit even without it going haha.

Will see how it goes, worst case I can always keep it/sell the scooter instead/worry about it later.

Will give you 200 as is :)

/actually would be a little interested if the price is right without the re-vin

Will let you know how progress goes/keep an eye out here and you will notice if I start getting sick of it haha :)

haha, wouldn't surprise me... my dad got all fizzing at the bung (it's in his garage currently) with the info he managed to google 190kph @SEVENTEENTHOUSANDRPMS lol, cute dad is cute... he can't wait to get it going so he can take it for a burn :D

Well oh my fucking fuck... spent the day working on this thing.

It is actually in surprisingly good shape...

So pretty much did this:

IMG_20130126_175233.jpg

IMG_20130126_175244.jpg

Drained fuel and oil, replaced both + brake fluid which had gone rather jellyish...

Pulled the carbs apart and as suspected found them full of shit, no holes in jets, just shit... gave errthing a clean up and mother of fuck...

IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Runs good, idles, revs and everything... this is kind of a miracle for me, took a thing which refused flat out to go and made it go.

Tomorrow = Pick up diff for lada then bolt all the fairings and whatnot back on and take for a hoon... Old man can't wait lol :D

Reassembled and took it for a spin today, goes just fine... still a 250 so moderately underwhelming and it needs a good tune up by someone with some ability in that area but overall, bloody good old girl. Looks like re-vin won't cost a fortune which is nice then I can move it along, they seem to fetch fairly good money which would be lovely...

No flips were attempted, nor were barrel rolls :D