getting gaskets made

grant76

anybody know of any companies that are able to make rubber/foam gaskets for tail lights etc?? taillights gaskets i need for my car aren't just flat, so to make the boot water tight i want to get some new ones made up (NLA from manufacturer). Tried basis, no go. Any other idea's?? cheers

datsun 1200 sedan. You would think for a popular model like this with some many repro parts available it would be easy but no . Tried basis, no go. Dont really want to go down the sealant route yet because some parts of the gasket are up to 15mm's thick (thats a lot of poo!!!)

Used to use a company gasket specialties in auckland to make custom head gaskets etc for compressors, don't know if they could make what you want maybe worth a try, also a place that is on lake rd in Hamilton better industrial never used them but has a sign out the front saying custom gaskets

Yeah silicone is my backstop option. just trying to find out if anyone knows of any companies or actually has done this for their own car before I give up and buy a tube or two. I've got shuks to try, and I've contacted spectrum rubber in Aussie, just waiting for a reply. Hopefully someone closer to home can do it!! Cheers