Jakes KP60 build thread discussion

beachlander

on a good day it saw 15psi, ended up running a turbo charade carb(blow-through) but them roots chargers arent all that efficent with lots of revs, they get too hot, impellers expand and teflon coating disappears, i cooked a few then finally gave up. most of the time i ran a smaller pulley bolted to the crank and saw around 5psi(also boost at idle) felt more like driving an NA 2litre than a turbo one. so the sr20 doesnt feel much more powerful just more torque and lots more reliable. rev limiter helps heaps too. never measured its power in bullocks or killerwasps but it did go well, maybe near on twice the factory output of a 4k.

ive seen this on a trailor before going through whangas, after talking to my mate sounds like you live just up the road from me, is such a sweet car dude, would be keen to catch up with you sometime and discuss this supercharged setup im keen to try it on my 4k starlet.

• 1 year later...