Spraying Hammerite Paint?

felixx

I have a healing cruiser I want to paint.

The green Hammerite paint will look good IMO.

I was wondering has anyone ever sprayed this paint (As putting it on with a brush will be pants).

The reason I ask is that it says not to thin it and I dunno if it will be too thick out of the can.

Have i chosen completely the wrong paint for this job?

(As putting it on with a brush will be pants).

Talking from experience having tried before?

I brushed my bike with hammerite and it was sweet. I didn't use the smooth finish though but it came up mint. I'd at least try brushing some before spraying.

I don't see the point if it will be just as good finish. If you want to spray it though, why not just buy the spray can?

Talking from experience having tried before?

I brushed my bike with hammerite and it was sweet. I didn't use the smooth finish though but it came up mint. I'd at least try brushing some before spraying.

I don't see the point if it will be just as good finish. If you want to spray it though, why not just buy the spray can?

I was just going by my previous experience with brush paint. I plan to use the hammer finish paint. (Green)

Did you find a guard?

Still looking for a good front one and ANY rear one!

no need to prime its already go magic pixie dust in the paint, the reason it says 'do not thin' is because the hammered finish paint is actually 2 types of paint in one tin and thinning can mess with the way it separates and 'hammers up'

either buy it in a spray can (looks sweet) or put it on with a medium soft small roller and do so quickly so your not rolling over paint that's started to tack off and your results should be satisfactory, i fond best results to be had when a second and third coats are done the following day