hub adaptor problem ( long wheel studs)

theshrew

so i bought 4x100 to 4x114 hub adaptors, (20mm) all went well untill i put them on and bolted them up, and i noticed that my wheel studs sit out a few mm of the adaptor (bolt on).

they are in a recess but they sit just past it and when i try to put the wheel on they just hit it, now im wondering what the best soloution is? can i cut them down a few mm, or is that just being stupid? am i able to get shortend ones from anywhere? anyone else had this experiance?

thanks!

You can also have recesses drilled into the wheels to give clearance, most wheels have this as standard. Royce Clive Engineering here in Chch does it. That way if you where to remove the spacers and run standard wheels again you would still have the proper length studs.

Cutting the studs shorter is the easiler / cheaper solution though.

yeah will be certed pretty quick, so it wont effect getting a cert if i do it cut them down? cheers for the advice, did not want to start hacking away without being sure!

also anyone got any way of cutting them down without destroying thread (will put bolts on before cutting to reduce thread molestation) but hacksaw or angle grinder? cheers