Surge tank designs??

Seedy Al

yea mod up your tank, i don't run a surge tank in my d1 car, just tank baffles (quite a few of them) just find a factory tank and cut it up, copy design etc

heres one i did for a customer not long ago, cut up a skyline r32? tank, notice the internal bowl added from the other tank and then flange added for bolt-in ease

moddedpetroltank.jpginsidetank.jpg

ive seen a square surge tank before and it was mounted under the car. ive got a normal round one in the boot and i dont reccomend it as it noisey and sounds like a river running thru the boot(and its rubber mounted).fine for a race car but annoying for cruising.

Last one I had a go at just sat outside in the sun for a few days, with the cap and pickup out, I didn't explode. The exhaust thing works and abit of water wont really hurt it either. Run some metal ready through it after you are done or a tank sealer kit if you are worried about the rust side of things.

I'd be blowing exhaust gas through it and then filling with water too.

iv seen a tank explode ( granted it was on an airplane ) and it was fuckin miserable.

also guy died just down the road from my old work when a tank blew.

one of the things I'm not interested in ever doing is fuckin with fuel tanks haha

I always feel real sketch welding a tank, so have filled it with water. Which is obviously bad when it comes to rust.

What's people experience with welding it filled with exhaust gas? Seems a little less safe to me.

You don't weld it full of exhaust gas, you only use it to dispel the petrol vapors.

Even if you did it would be safer than normal air because all the oxygen has been removed and you don't get fire without oxygen.

Filling a tank with water really is unnecessary but if it makes you feel safer go ahead I guess, just make sure there is zero water in it when you put it back in.