Berjjj's E21

Sparkle

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyoneeeeee, Aaron I usually use the Constellation bus stop so you'll see it parked on the street quite often, that lot fills waaaay to early. I'm too impatient to wait till I'm healed so will be reaching out for help soon haha, appreciate it.

8kg front/6kg rear. The car is deceptively light at around a tonne.

Have a spare rear subframe in the garage, it'll get slotted at the trailing arm mounting points and brackets welded on. Eccentric bushes won't help me at this height. Should give me the camber/toe adjustment range I need to bring it within specs and bring the wheel closer to the fender. IIRC the e3 has a similar rear setup? I'll find the link for you.

The front isn't too bad, not nearly as bad as the 4cylinder e30's/e36's with their m4x engines that hang bloody low. But the subframe is stupid and will need a notch to give the control arms a bit of range.

Exhaust is stupid low, crossmember also but to a lesser extent.

About an inch lower at the rear and 2-3 at the front will be ideal, bit of forward rake but even arch gap, or lack of.

Questions are great, helps me think out what needs doing!

Coilovers are fortune auto's valved accordingly. Barry did all the math, ordered direct from 'murica and did the welding for the fronts.

Powerball come at me.

Will settle for $40k scratchie win.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sell me a spare 5 speed?

Oh thanks man. You the boss.

This is cool and I look forward to hearing lovely 6 sounds.

Ohhhh actually, old that thought, I have a rebuilt gearbox going in eventually (will be a while though).

Won't have any need for the one in the car after that.

It's a getrag 245, I think you have to bolt a m10 clutch and flywheel onto your m30 to make it work.

I am totally picking up what you're putting down.

6 on triples.... omg yeeeaah. Combine with a straight pipe and it'd be quite the dreamy aural experience!

So much excite. I've been at uni watching dort videos for the last hour, girl next to me probably thinks I'm weirdo spec. 

Yah yah. It totally will fit I just need a different clutch and so a different flywheel. I read a few threads on it this arvo.

Buuuuut I found a couple of get rag 260 boxes on the tard so will just buy one of those instead.

You tried to ruin my parade but I'm just singing in the Dave.

Lold at the innuendo.

Ps. THIS CAR IS SO COOL.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...