Help BW45 Auto trans no R or any D's now ;/

JoKer

only grinding noises in my GLS Avenger :/ Goes forward ok'ish

visual check driveshaft 'appears' to be pushed out of the back of the box a tad, diff seems to be in correct place

I have had issues since I took it to Manfield : sticking in 1st gear until warm etc (yay 40kph @ 4000 rpms for a km or two)

failing a "fix/recondition" does anyone have a spare lying around that would work?

I'd rather keep it OEM if I can

will be dragging it to a suitable GasserKiwi Approved mechanic after lunch for a quick check

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if all BW 35s are the same to, the Falcon one has a 28 spline yoke, triumph has a 25 spline yoke and Volvo has a 27.

some of them have the dipstick tube going into the pan and others have it going though the housing.

was starting to look for one to, mine dose a mad shudder on take off

that was the first gear to go

did a U-turn last night, parked at mates place, the another Uturn off their footpath, funny noises almost immediately, felt like one rear wheel was going forwards/the other backwards (impossible but is the sensation)

drove hm faultlessly once I started motion, but found today if I stop at intersections (full stop) things get sketchy/forward motion ceases to exist

managed to ease it from drive into back yard just now, still clunky/grindy

• 3 weeks later...

got the box out : still have no idea what I am doing (took 2 and a half hrs on a hoist)

slushie013.jpg

slushie015.jpg

slushie017.jpg

some info here //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=25093 (thread necro)

and found this Auto Hunter in Waipukerau as a possible local donar

slushie001.jpg

just unbolt the centre bit? have a poke around?

there was a pool of filing on the oil pan (was not there a month or two back when I did a fluid change/had pan of and painted it etc