Borg-warner 45 trans, Info needed

David

The good old 4-speed auto in my daily driver Hillman hunter has desided it will get a intenal linkage problem and select no other gear than park.

The selector shaft turns with no force and cant even fell the detents between selections.

I've drained it and pulled the pan off to find the hydrolic circuit covers the hole underside giving no way to inspect the linkages.

So Anyone know what bolts to remove to drop the circuit?

I would hate to undo the bolts that hold the circuit together letting all the flying bit out.

• 4 weeks later...

So anyway fixed it now.

Pulled it apart found one of the bolts holding the centre planetary gear had come lose hitting the internal remote for the park lever. Bending it and locking it in park. This ended up busting the share pin on the shaft. a 20cent pin and $10 worth of gasket and all good again.

Don't know why i faired pulling the tranz apart there much easyer to pull apart that a manual box.

Would of cost a mint going to a tranz shop.

So anyway fixed it now.

Pulled it apart found one of the bolts holding the centre planetary gear had come lose hitting the internal remote for the park lever. Bending it and locking it in park. This ended up busting the share pin on the shaft. a 20cent pin and $10 worth of gasket and all good again.

Don't know why i faired pulling the tranz apart there much easyer to pull apart that a manual box.

Would of cost a mint going to a tranz shop.

most transmissions are pretty simple its just ppl hear about how a trans work before they see them and shit .