slow going Z10

craig_b

whats happening chaps and chapesses? thought id spew out some pics of the soarer ive had for i dont know how many years, minimal progress has been made on it aswell due to coming in and out of daily status whilst other cars come in and out of my possesion. picked it up running a 1ggeu, w55,17x8 drift teks, spare diff (locked), custom paint job. not really any pics of it from when i first had it or the antics that were had in it but oh well

this is how it was looking whilst owing it for a year or two, thought i might try sell to see what i could exchange it for but nothing intereted me so it stayed

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

these pics must be taken a few years ago because of the hell big and external aerial, phone hiding under the stereo, flash "anti vibration" gear knob and after market steering wheel

DSCF0031.jpg

the dirty old 1ggeu, im confident that all owners of this vehicle has punished this and many more of the engines that would have been fitted, i never had an issue with the 1ggeu untill it spat a bearing around 6 or so months ago, then it go ripped out. can even spot the cert plate on driver side tower, cert for wheels,suspension,hub spacers,manual etc

DSCF0033.jpg

even managed to get it to the open days at the track but the guy taking the photos that day didnt get many photos

n1007021918_30138682_9539.jpg

n1007021918_30138698_2937.jpg

after the track days was put into storage for a while then pulled out about a year and a half ago and found some rims i thought might be alright but being 5stud and also 16" i decided not to go that way and they left my hands

P1010124.jpg

P1010119.jpg

fitted up a new steering wheel and also a rather large gearknob that gets many interesting looks and comments from all the old billys that i work with, also digital dash for the win! had to have a horn button for wof so out come the duct tape

P9141174.jpg

during the snow we had last year i decided it would be a good idea to take the soarer to work as my 74 b1600 only had a light flat deck, was great fun plowing the road from hornby to moorhouse ave. also had some 15x10s fitted up on the rear and some ssr somethings on the front

DSC_0424.jpg

once again the rims didnt last ( on the rear for now ) and picked up some 14x9 impul mesh for the rear

P1011312.jpg

and then eventually got these for the front 14x8 ssr mesh (4 rims made into 2)

IMG_4520.jpg

so had both ssr and impul centers painted same colour and stainless capscrews through out with new nuts and polished lips and now it sits like this

IMG_4523-1.jpg

IMG_4519.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

with the addition of this and some front camber plates

IMG_4530.jpg

and some front camber plates

and now got one of these

IMG_4525.jpg

has a sneaky front mount behind the bumper that fits nicely, turbosmart whoooosh noise maker, new ht and plug leads, and finally a re-cored radiator. plenty to do on this beast and havent really done anything in the years ive owned it but starting to get into it now, heaps to tidy up on it especialy the interior and new paint job ! would love to get new dash,center consul, ash tray etc and may have to change tyre sizes/profiles to get it to sit nice.

spam away

• 4 months later...

had a long day yesterday,bused up to chch , went and picked this up, jump started it,changed rear wheel,fueled up,cleaned it then hit the road, bit nervous as to how far id get knowing the clutch was starting to slip when loaded up, but no issues at all with that, just cruised along, did happen to get a flat tyre so chucked space saver back on, now i can start with changing out the clutch and giving it a tidy up.

P1290055_zps94abbb4d.jpg

P1290057_zpsd24055dc.jpg

P1290058_zps05781931.jpg

P1290064_zpsb68018fd.jpg

P1290068_zps0e80e194.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...