slow going Z10

craig_b

• 3 weeks later...
Guest craig_b

fuck it takes me ages to get anything done on this, mainly because i cant be fucked haha. got new clutch, which is fitted,new flash synthetic g-box oil (will see if its as good as people fizz about), have 2 punctures in 2 brand new tyres so test fitted the rear wheels on the front and now need to get my hands on some wider rims for the rear as the 9's fit all good. all i need to do now is get some tyres and go down to a shop to get a wof and hopefully do more that 450km in 6months including moving to a new town

P3130220_zpsc67e47ed.jpg

P3130224_zpsb6f6c177.jpg

4833680a-8227-4d04-9ba0-4008c58af87a_zpsf2bbc624.jpg

lush. do as clutch says please. What kind is it? i have a feeling my brand new standard one will start and slip once i start abusing it so am on the look out for a new one.

Guest craig_b

ah can find out tomorrow for ya man, need to get some tyres sorted, pretty sick of getting punctures, was in dunners on friday and seen a sign for burnouts, cant remember who was running it or where it was though, do these happen often down these ways? want to shred a tyre without loosing licence

• 2 weeks later...
Guest craig_b

hey ANT, my clutch is just a standard one as well, you still want the part # ?

light drizzle today so thought i might take the soarer for a "clutch test" and "steering alignment test". hooked up a boost gauge to see what it was going aswell, fitted gauge to intake mani, wouldnt pull over 5psi, no fluctuation, and held at 5psi every time, blocked off wastegate actuator hose and no change, seems odd. went with it anyway as only running skinny tyres on rear, steering was completely different with 9's on the front. engine also started getting hot and wasnt hard up it all the time and out no longer than 30min. radiator have been recored and engine flushed when the rad was done. all i can say is what the fuck. time for jz?

Guest UTERUS

5psi is a bit low, try a few different places around the manifold to see if it makes any difference.

It will still be happy at 15psi if you wham a boost tap in there.

Guest craig_b

with the wastegate actuator hose blocked it should have bought the boost up but no dice, wonder if bov is opening and i cant hear it, might have to check that shit

Guest craig_b

got nothing suitable for doing so, will go out and have a look at bov, and wategate when i find a torch (shit weather outside and no power or lighting in garage,even natural lighting is shit)

Boost should be in the low teens.

nah, dont worry about clutch, was just wondering what you got. Time for tens out the back and more slam.

Guest craig_b

cooling issue i suspect was just rad cap, hooked boost gauge on manifold off the turbos so pre intercooler and pre throttle body, didnt really have enough room to give it heaps but didnt see to go past 7psi with the wastegate hooked up the factory way (no boost controller), wastegate flap seems to be free as shit with actuator rod removed on 1 turbo and could move the other with screwdriver. might go for another drive later when its a bit quieter

• 5 weeks later...

haha, was it going up the motorway? yeah was in town to get a wof and reg, shes all legal now. no pics to prove it only what zeb got to prove it was in dunners haha. not much reason to keep it locked in the garage now might even venture to the hanmer meet

• Like 2

Yeah man, You took off nana spec from the lights. Was dissapointed. Wanted a limiter dump. 

/still pined heaps.   Needs low in the front/taller tyres/something to bring the gap down/roudy exhaust. do it champ.

gotta drive nana spec when its the first day of wof, was sitting at certed height for wof aswell.

but 2nd day of wof means i have to get some new tyres, and it didnt happen on the street, was private property. i want a house with a skid pad haha
Sample01kj_zps11a0c312.jpg

Sample01_1_zps1782832d.jpg

P5050326_zpsbcc003c8.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

got some new tyres, fitted to the rims but need to get them blasted onto the bead, might get this done tomorrow, also need to replace clamps on the turbos, but they need to be pulled apart for this and i cant really be fucked doing that, so lowered the front instead, will either need keeper springs and leave at this height (lowest it can go) or get the weld in kit moved down more so it can go lower again.

P5150327_zpse8247a30.jpg

• Like 2