1G-EU Problem

87MKII

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No havnt touch anything yet. Its tricky, because when u hold the throttle at a certain place it will kinda try to die.. untill u give it more gas, then it will drive off really sluggish with like 25% power or something. Im trying to find some standard HTL's atm but havnt found any yet. Cuz u can see it has a few aftermarket ones, But they dnt seem to fit on the plug perfectly.. So that could almost be the problem there but im just seeing if anyone els has had the same or simular problems. (bad speller sorry)

Na its a coil lead.. I just cheaked it and its connected to the distrubuter and coil pack tight and secure.. It got me thinking that it could be the coil pack maybe?? I dnt have a compression tester :( Anyone in wellington keen to help me out? haha Will shout ya box or smoke. Im in Jville if anyones keen :)

True? Yeah I dnt understand how it can be timing related when it has been running fine for the past 2000kmz.. Can the timing just change or something? I'll cheak the plugs anyway and see how the fuel is burning. Yeah would be good if you were still in wellington lol cheers anyway man

All the plugs looked like this. Dry, White, old!! LOL

20120925132652.jpg

Inside the dizzy!! Shocking!

20120925133830.jpg

20120925133746.jpg

So now.. Im going to clean it up till I can afford to buy some new shit! Going to need Plugs, Probably a new dizzy and some aftermarket HTL. What ya think?. Deff need to spend some $ on her!! Shes worth it :)

Cleaned out the dizzy cap with CRC and an old Tooth brush. Im not too sure whats going to happen if I take off the whole dizzy from the head tho so ive just cleaned the Connector so far. Wait for everthing to dry properly and see how she runs lol. Fingures crossed

plug condition actually looks OK - you want it to be a tan/brown colour, though white does show it is running a bit lean. Seems to be a distinct lack of oil coking around the base of the electrode so that is a good sign. Cap and rotor do look like they could do with a clean up but I'm not convinced that's your issue. Backfiring through the inlet is almost certainly ignition timing related issues.