Beaver's WunTwennyWhy Coupe

kicker

ah yes could well have been.

they ave been running sweet for about a week, just one was dribbling out the overflow when idling, now 3 of therm are doing it and the thing will hardly run (alhough I just replaced all the ignition so could be related to that lol)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a question, reguarding the floats, what are they made of??  i had problems with a bing carb on my rotax engined mz, it turned out the floats over time were absorbing fuel, and no lnger floating :D  but my money is on the float valves and or seats, can you pull the bowls off and take some pics of the floats and float valves,

lookig and sounding good,

Had a good yarn with the guys at Fuel Flow (www.fuelflow.co.nz) and they seemed to know their shit and that others had had the same problem and recommended a pump to use, so have bitten the bullet and grabed one. At least I know it wont/shouldnt be causing any issues, will also chuck a rebuilt kit throught he carbs before sticking them back on.

Ive taken them back off as having troubles with them pissing gas everywhere so will pull them to bits and throw rebuild kits through them.  When I first cucked them on they were sweet though, drove sweet and sounded amazing. Mind you these were already set up for an a12 so I just chucked them on. I cant imagine it is too hard to get a set straight off a bike running, there is plenty of info on the web about what size jets etc.

• Like 1

Looking good Beaver!

You might have already sorted this but the Vibrations sound like what mine did when the driveshaft was bottoming out /too long. Didn't happen straight away when i lowered mine either just over time got worse and worse.

The rear UJ should make up for any angle change to the diff though, unless it's drasticly changed which it shouldnt have. But as you said if the UJ's are rooted that's probably what it is.

now that im closer to being sober, ill try make more sense.

Found a place with carb kits, not cheap but a not far off what it will cost from the USA so might jsut roll with that.

Will definitely need to go lower to pull of new wheels. Currently have 2" blocks in the back, so thinking just get them reset 3" lower (so another 1" drop). Up front, not sure if I should go DIY/get someone to convert struts to coilovers (ie weld on kit and shorten strut housing), or to do the hole cut that shit off and weld full body coilovers on.

S13 struts fit (well close enough) up front, so thats helpfull, either jsut to use s13 camber plates or got with s13 coilovers.

• 1 month later...

Fuck yes beaver you good cunt you. They rule so hard. 13s are the way of the future.

Cheers boss, going to have to bone it out to pull them off tho haha, looks like coilovers and a cert will be on the cards......

Talk nicely to BDA karl guy and get him to 3d print you a new center cap like he did for Poo's meshies?

These ones are steel, although Im sure I could make them look similar, will keep in mind/have bigger things to worry about first haha.