rwd 4g63 parts

LILVR4

I'm sure you could modify to use V belt, but I think you'd have to end up using a smaller diameter pully as well. I've also seen photos of them unmodified, but the block may have been from a 64 or it could have been that in some heads the hole is higher in the head. However, all the heads I've measured (95 RVR 7-bolt, 6-bolt big port and 4g61 small port) have the hole at the same height. It could also be that the centre of rotation of the water pump varies significantly model to model? The water pumps I've tried are from rwd 4g63 Sigmas and Starions. I suppose the easiest way to tell if you have an issue is to bolt the water pump on with pully attached and see if you have an unrestricted view of the hole.

yeah, i was thinking the V belt setup because i think the pulley is alittle smaller and sits further back. Ive been told the best water pump to use is from the L200, but always just figured it was the same as the sigmas etc, but possibly the position of the shaft is just alittle different.

I wish i had my DOHC head here, ive got 1 of everything else to try and sus it out damn it.

that is sweet^^ that engine is heaps forward tho? is that in a starion or something? may not work with a top mounted turbo either

I'll have a look see tomorrow at my other engine, its on the stand atm and still has the fwd pump on. will check and report.

I do have a sneaky suspicion that the pulley sits slightly lower and out-er than the rwd ones. just judging by the couple pics i have saved

that looks to be an L200/mighty max in the States judging by the LHD-ness, DSM rocker cover and DSM radiator cap on thermostat housing.

RWD water pump and pulleys have a different offset. On the DOHC engines, the power steering belt runs behind the alternator belt on the water pump, while on SOHC and RWD engines it's opposite.

Fuel is right in that the rwd water pump flange has to be carefully pressed off, flipped and pressed back on to the correct level so the pulleys line up correctly. The pump body also needs a bit of machining to make room for the timing belt and tensioning parts.

^^Thats when using the ripped belt DOHC pulleys etc or the older V belt?

This is a good thread, it motivating me to finally do my DOHC swap. Things need to be super clean tho. Keen to get some of these front water conversion things if it can be done well. Theres a few options with the water, running remote thermostates etc as well.Also this cool little set up allowing you to still use the FWD water pump

WPF2_Assembly.JPG