Sams Mx73 Cressida Discussion

sam

may as well go 1G-GTE or even 1JZ-GE/2JZ-GE - the 1G-GE really isn't a huge upgrade over the 5M-E other than sounding nicer at higher revs. The 5M will trump it when it comes to torque.

How did you get your original plates remade in the new font?

also I have your identical twin car, mine's still stock though.

IMG_0011.jpg

Hey triumph you bought my volks I think :P Thanks i just pm'd him, and fuel nice! looks mint as :D i said they were damaged and got new ones for $20 and i was considering a 1jz swap but as i have a 1g bellhousing and will have crossmember and mounts next week, id rather save the money and go down the better sounding 1g path. In terms of performance im not to fussed, as long as it sounds cool and can get side ways some what on request im happy :P

I pretty much convinced him to a certain future of the 1j conversion hahaha he was so down last year.

But nao he's already got the box with 1g bellhousing and everything, 1g is just a quick way to get it rolling manual and much nicer on the pocket fuel mileage wise too over the m. Plus he's running 14's + higher diff ratio will be no problem to spin those little wheels

PS. We should try my 13's hahahahahaha

Why fuckabout though, I recall one of the Garage Slipway guys (I think), or two of them, fucking around with going the 1GGTE route and then deciding it was shithouse and going for a JZ, with hindsight they stated they should have done it from the start. ANY money spent on a conversion that's going to be replaced by another conversion, is a waste of time and money. Hell paying for the cert is a waste of a few hundred on something that just sounds better.

Jz route would be sweet, but already having the half the gear im already half way there. If i was to go jz mounts bellhousing etc just adds and ontop of a motor which I cant afford. Im not after big dyno figures and performance, i just want something good for what it is, my main concern at the moment is to get it on the road again as my daily as driving a daihatsu charade isnt very manley imo :lol: . And fuck of stan you cant take credit for everything u fag ahahah

Nice car. i like the car that kinda just shows the tail bit in one of your photos? the white one? i think it looks mint.. haha nah jks! nice car man just wanna see this car on the road TBH! haha if you can get the engine earlier we can still use the engine crane that stan borrowed! :D in return for 40pcs KFC

You should dump a VVTi 1g-fe from an Altezza in there. Sweet engine, good enough power, very reliable, will sound lush and they seem to be quite cheap/unwanted. The perfect conversion really. Parts will be cheap and easily available for ages too. Oh and not to mention 6 speed manual.

You should dump a VVTi 1g-fe from an Altezza in there. Sweet engine, good enough power, very reliable, will sound lush and they seem to be quite cheap/unwanted. The perfect conversion really. Parts will be cheap and easily available for ages too. Oh and not to mention 6 speed manual.

Never considered a 1g-fe!

sounds sweet and looks like it performs alright! might try source one for cheap! know anyone?