MahaMana's Mini Clubman

MahaMana

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. Aero makes good racing wheels. They look like Aeros as they have a bigger, more oval D window and only 7 of them

Mine were made the same way by Diamond Racing Wheels in the states. Because I was going for a black rim I liked the look of the smaller D windows, the Diamond ones have 10 windows vs 8 on a 15" Aero. Mine are 15x8 and 15x7 both 4" backspace.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hey man, if it's blowing through the breather, and down on power I bet it needs rings, and it's blowing compression through the oil valleys, and out through the breather.

have you tested the compression ?

Far yeah its low on compression really sitting at about 120 bar across the 4 of them.

Have you been running additive in your fuel? may have burnt through a valve as well. easy fix really. just a bit expensive and annoying to have to do head gasket and shit just to check it.

I am not sure whether the previous owner did of not aye But I have while I have had it. I cant afford to pull it apart at the moment so I have to make it go as well as it can for the mean time haha!

It has much more power than what it did when I first got it. I got new points and had a dizzy thoroughy cleaned. got the timing roughly set and its going a lot better. I am taking it in for a good tune tomo and a couple of other probs to be sorted.

Yeah it is a gay job to do thats for sure! I will look into some kind of performance enhancement later down track. I have 110 - 120 bar not 80 across so it still runs okay haha.

My main things are to get the rev/idle problem sorted and the flares/guards and rear panel/suspension/ride height all sorted so I can drive it properly and enjoy it. Then and only then could I think about performance mods. lol