MahaMana's Mini Clubman

MahaMana

Only thing i would say is that if you are really neurotic you can spend all your time messing with the settings on them. :lol:

Apart from that absolutly no complaints. The rears were a little bit thick and had to do a little adjustment at the top end where the thread pokes through into the boot but no-one else I have spoken to has had that problem. minis werent exactly precision built.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the lows as am running hi-lo adjustable. think theres only an inch differance from memory. slipery slope your on! I got mine from Lee at minibitz in henderson auckland but would prolly be cheaper for you to get them in yourself. Ive used minispares.com and minispares-online.co.uk both as good. first one has more run of the mill gear and mini-spares online can get hold of some of the weird stuff. at one point they were making a hyabusa mini package. fucking cool.

at one point they were making a hyabusa mini package. fucking cool.

Do it baha!

I had a look on minispares lastnight looking at their stuff thinking it was so cheap until I did the Math! Exhange rate + freight ripped my undies in half. But I got a couple of things I needed anyway.

Went to the MOWOG meet last night and looked at one of the boys suspension set ups he just had good shocks and tose "gay rubber cups". It was very hard! My setup is really soft so I am putting it down to the shocks haha I take back the "gay" part from previous posts.

• 9 months later...

Hey dude, Awesome mini.

Its the first time ive read your thread and i read through the comments. Have you figured out the power loss issue?

one thing that caught my attention was how close your carb inlet is to your firewall.

Photo01531.jpg

Whats the distance from the flange face to your firewall? In that picture it looks really close. You may find the lack of power is from lack of airflow into the engine, also trumpets make 100000% more difference in throttle response and power.

Good work tho. looks staunch. Good luck with the sunroof

• Like 1

Cheers man! 
Power loss is due to untuned timing largely  I believe. The carbs do have trumpets with that red sock over it. I havent checked the clearances from the inlet to the firewall. The firewall has been modded though!! haha

• 1 year later...

haha man I lost drive. That happened over a year ago and I'm only sorting it out now! 
No real conclusion as to why I've lost drive. Gearbox, drop gears, cvs etc look good. Diff seems lose but rotates smoothly. The gearbox is coming off the engine so we can have a proper look inside.