Liam's early bird project, 1965 XP Falcon sedan discuss

Liam-B

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, yeah its getting there, I have been doing a few little things in the last week to it. Just sussing the brakes out at the moment and getting all the parts slowly.

The interior is going to be the biggest expense I think, the rest is pretty sweet 8)

Seriously cool. I'd be tempted to leave the six in it. Some nice detailing, couple of carbs ect.

The 250 six is pretty strong I must admit it goes well enough but I will be leaving it there for now anyway. Anyway I have to do a few minor mods to get a windsor legal here in Victoria these days, the biggest hassle is putting a collapseable column in. XW/XY fits but have to change the steering box to suit, could go steering rack conversion might be far better off for the same amount of hassle

Cheers. Yeah, I have to suss out a few more things but the brakes will be awesome when its all done. I already have the tapered collets for the steering tie rod, that is the only mod you need to do to fit these brakes up. Will show a pic later 8)

yeah, the instrument cluster has been painted black and white, probably a long time ago cos its faded again haha. its supposed to be chrome but they always faded. but if you mean the dash itself, its stock, never been touched. XP's had a different dash than XM's :)

aaaahh i see. phew!

quite a few little differences now that i look.. dont worry, the condition of the seats is a constant haha. please let me know if you ever find any seat insert fabric the same type and colour you have there, would love to get mine redone but havent seen an acceptable alternative yet.

aaaahh i see. phew!

quite a few little differences now that i look.. dont worry, the condition of the seats is a constant haha. please let me know if you ever find any seat insert fabric the same type and colour you have there, would love to get mine redone but havent seen an acceptable alternative yet.

You are in luck if you have XM seats fitted, same width and frame as USA cars you see :) That means you can order pre-made high quality interior trim for your car in the right colour combo to suit, see example link :

http://www.dearbornclassics.com/front-b ... -1963.html

Get yourself a free catalogue if you have not already from them, it shows pictures and colours much better. All the 60-63 usa models are basically the same as XK,XL,XM aussie/kiwi cars

As XP models had slightly wider seats I dont have that option but luckily I have been quoted $1100 aus for both front and rear seats to be redone at a local trimmer. I will get them down there soon as they have done a lot of early falcons and the quality of there work is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...