maxteds ex lancer discussion

maxted

thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34064

keen on any usefull info, feedback ect

short term plan being: make some coilovers from 1600 struts ive got, get some new mirage rear shocks n sort some springs to suit, jam on rims, wheel alignment then use it

long term: 12at (got motor in pieces, plates been all skimmed, extendported, have both blow thru carb and s5 injected manifolds and adaptor ect not sure what to use yet, collected various bits n pieces for it over the 5 years its sat in the shed), a diff of some description (cheaper the better), re-trim interior pieces that are rough to original (i love the factory brown interiors for some weird reason) and a lick of some fresh orange again

ah so it was you that brought those wheels! i wanted them dam you!

Pretty tidy lookin ex tho man. Cool that ya going with a rotor, tis about time someone done this on here, had thought about it for mine originally but put it in the too hard+expensive basket and just went with the 4g63 instead

-haha yea snapped up those wheels sorry bro, yea I've seen a few been done before and seen as already got the motor (had a 12at in a 323 hatch once and it went really well always wanted another after sold it), was going do it to the gsr lancer coz it had decent lsd diff, bigger sups, brakes, hydraulic clutch ect but o well i like this one, need to get spare dash got recovered by that crowd who done yours while I'm down this way, looks like they did nice job of yours

-yeah hopefully should look allgood, looking forward to getting them on there, liking the widened steels on your wag mate

cheers mate I'm hoping they should look pretty sweet on the lancer, got some rear shocks sorted now, so slowly gathering bits need such a pain in the arse working away can't get fuck all done with no tools/shed

heres a km48 sachs a local guy put in a kt100 go-kart

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be well up for assisting in any way with your turbo/carb setup. I love the engineering involved with turbos and carbs and I'm keen on changing the setup on mine to a blow through in the future. Although this draw through setup with the SU carb is working pretty bloody well for now.

I have a great book I can lend you as I'll be away overseas for 2 months. I'll pm you my number.

Alex

• 8 months later...
Guest maxted

yeah i hope he does too! it went back down to christchurch so you might see it about be4ver, nah no worries got 3800 for it in the end