Nissan TD27 desiel Help needed

Seedy Al

Hey guys,

So I'm a mild virgin when it comes to diagnosing faults on Diesels, so I am hoping someone on here could lend some advice

Basicly what i have here is a 1997 Nissan homy with a TD27 non turbo motor in it.

It started running ruff while on a big drive, and started blowing a bit of smoke, so the guy pulled over to turn it off, however it kept running on and he had to stall it to stop it (it hasnt done this since as its mainly just been towed around, and I drove it intot he work shop and it didnt run on or anything). it starts fine, collent level is mint and it wasnt over heated.

He tried removing the PCV pipe in to the intake and that hasnt changed it. (in case of blow by)

Have removed rocker cover, and valves / push rods all seem sweet etc

I was wondering injectors??

Also, would it be recommended to do a comprsssion test? (will have to try and get a diesel tester from somewhere)

Chur for any help and suggestions

I remember yeaaars ago some joker I knew had a problem with the fuel shut off or dieseling solenoid.

I may be sending you down the completely wrong path though.

What colour smoke? When it ran on, was it running rough or still idling normal?

sounds like its dropped compression and its started to pick up oil from the sump to run on

5zx3qKX_Pno

see here, only way to kill it is then starve it of air.

td27 will run till the timing chain sounds like a machine gun and the rings are all but gone but get it working so it picks up its own oil and it'll take off like this,

him stalling it saved it would have only got worse

How much smoke comes out the breather/dip stick tube when its running? It'll run on like that if the motors fucked. I have a tester (of no use to you I know) but have never used it, you know when its fucked.

Na, having looed at it, It looks like its fucked

Couldnt get a compression gauage, but removed the breather pipe and put my hand over the hole, pretty much coated my hand in a light coat of oil

So Its fucked i would say