fuel system advice

ta63-1uzze

It is copper nikel , he was telling me to basically in look in the book for actual legal measurements but saying approx 6 inch or so , 6inch is 150mm ish , apparently it has been made closer together than in the past hence why he was telling me to go and find out .

*edited

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my car has 7mm id fuel pipe would this be capable of supporting my fuel needs ? does any one have a flow calculator or some principals that they can tell me . Need to work this out correctly don't want to do it twice.

the factory rail on the 1uz has 6mm id fuel hard line/pipe going to banjo bolts that feed the injector rail , seeing as the factory injector is 251cc and i am putting in 300cc , the upgrade isn’t huge, therefore i shouldn’t need to upgrade the hard line/pipe ?? please correct me if i am wrong. i plan to take the motor out and re direct the factory piping tomorrow because its very close to where i need it to be, thus solving all issues if its the correct size for my project.

So 8x 300cc = 2400cc. per hour ???

Max 10psi of boost pressure opposing the fuel injectors

7 to 6mm id hose , aprox 3m length, assuming that there wont be a prerssure drop across this hose as in theory its just a hydraulic setup ?

All this information must help me to find out what the id of the supply pipe I will need , and also if the minimum the fuel pump needs to flow ??

7mm sounds a bit small - but I haven't done the calcs

Why not just run 3/8" so you can be fairly confident its enough?

PS - http://www.lmengines.com/fuel_lines_calc

edit - just found this..

Fuel Delivery

Up to 250 HP = 5/16" or -04 AN

Up to 375 HP = 3/8" or -06 AN

Up to 700 HP = 1/2" or -08 AN

Up to 1000 HP = 5/8" or -10 AN

Up to 1500 HP = 3/4" or -12 AN

Fuel Return

Up to 45 GPH = 5/16" or -04 AN

Up to 90 GPH = 3/8" or -06 AN

Up to 250 GPH = 1/2" or -08 AN

Up to 450 GPH = 5/8" or -10 AN

Up to 900 GPH = 3/4"or -12 AN

Because I don't plan on ever going over ten psi . If this fuel line is capable of handling this then there is no point in wasting cash and time replacing the lines and it looks nice and keeps it factory looking. Will cost 180 bucks to upgrade it and if it isn't needed them why bother. If calculate it correctly it will save me allot of time and money.

That chart makes my original carina fuel line far to small from factory, something does not make sense with that chart

You could just make a new line out of the larger stuff and just use the old line as a return

That is the plan if it turns out that I need to upgrade the feed. Just trying to be smart about it. On point in over doing it if I won't ever need to upgrade

Na carina factory injected so have feed and return already. 7mm is 1/4 . Haven't had much time today to look on the net to see what others have done . Busy as at work. From the rough calculations that I have done leaning towards needing to upgrade. I need to find out what the factory 1u runs really. That would be what I can use as the injector upgrade i have is only 50cc . Fuck all

but you do have twice as many injectors...

Obviously hence why I am asking for advice. Between the 1/4 and 3/8. Is 2.5mm . Which is not allot and partly why I am asking if I need to up grade it at all. I think will just try call some one who tunes 1uz as I am getting no where with the internet.

Was thinking this wouldn't be such a hard topic as many people do turbo and super charger 1u conversions.

hence why I am asking for advice.

I am getting no where with the internet.

Was thinking this wouldn't be such a hard topic

I've already given you a calculator to figure out what you need and an opinion to run 3/8" line but you are choosing to invalidate my opinion..

If you want some more science - then the cross sectional area of

7mm pipe = 38.5mm

8mm pipe (5/16") = 50.25mm

10mm pipe (3/8") = 78.5mm

13mm pipe (1/2") = 132.5mm

In the overall scheme of things with the cost of a 1UZ conversion you should run 3/8 pipe.

Go ask someone else if you like but I'm pretty sure you will get the same answer that 7mm is too small..

hence why I am asking for advice.

I am getting no where with the internet.

Was thinking this wouldn't be such a hard topic

I've already given you a calculator to figure out what you need and an opinion to run 3/8" line but you are choosing to invalidate my opinion..

If you want some more science - then the cross sectional area of

7mm pipe = 38.5mm

8mm pipe (5/16") = 50.25mm

10mm pipe (3/8") = 78.5mm

13mm pipe (1/2") = 132.5mm

In the overall scheme of things with the cost of a 1UZ conversion you should run 3/8 pipe.

Go ask someone else if you like but I'm pretty sure you will get the same answer that 7mm is too small..

Not out right trying to go against your opinion, I was asking if I could use the 7mm, as it would have been an easier option. Not saying that the 3/8 wouldn’t work. was asking because of cost and time involved, not that I am being cheap in this build more so I don’t have to spend money unless I have to. If it would work then that is what I would have chosen to do. No one had said no that defiantly won’t work. Well not until now.

I like to know why things would or wouldn’t work, rather then the she will be right type build, I like to understand how it works and why it wont work , this helps later one when diagnosing issues as you know and understand what is going on because you built it . Also helps to know so you don’t end up with totally over engineered setup. Which is why i wanted to know how to figure out flow rate needed . pump options etc. So i could understand how my setup would work and its limitations

any one know the name of the place in htown that dose the 1u conversions into hilux etc. thinking they will be a good place to get recommendations from, if you go by that chart i will need 1/2 . looking at about 450hp est.

I was in at Greenlane Speed Shop in Auckland a bit before Christmas and asked the guy about steel bundy. He said they don't sell it anymore, and aluminum was typically used. They had the usual sizes (i.e 5/16", 3/8", 1/2"). He said it is very easy to bend.

I think it was something like $70 for 4 metres. I just remember thinking it was a pretty good price for enough to do my whole car.

Could be worth giving them a call