keep the 18th of November free. Drag challenge

EFI_LC

OK I am getting in early and want 3 team mates to represent the Old School Club for this challenge and I assume it will run as a DYO format so any team will have a show of winning. I am a Past winner of this and would love to get it again.

Bart borrow the Valiant?

http://www.facebook.com/events/22528716 ... 837312778/

Taken from the above page.....

All those keen on drag racing keep the 18th of November free.

Alan Ross and myself are organising a Hot Rod and Muscle Car Challenge and show at Ruapuna Drag strip in conjunction with Pegasus Bay Drag Club.

This will be done as a club challenge with each club required to enter a team of 4 racers, with prize money of $750 for 1st team and the Kevin McInroe trophy $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd.

We are also offering two package deals 1st of $150 for the team of 4 to enter or 2nd of $250 which will include the team to race and all members of that clubs entry to watch, all we ask is that those watching bring their cars along as well to put on display in the Hot Rod and Muscle Car show we will be having and there will be prizes for the show.

Cars must be street legal(and meet Pegasus Bay Drag Clubs requirements) and this challenge is not open to comp cars, although it will be run in conjunction with one of Pegasus Bay's normal meetings so comp cars, bikes and regular racers will be there.

Details and entry forms will be sent to local ChCh clubs over the coming weeks.

There will also be onsite entertainment for the kids and coffee & food for the adults.

Please note any clubs wishing to enter please direct your enquiries direct to me not to Pegasus Bay.

Any businesses wishing to be involved also please direct your enquiries to Alan or myself.

i know Rick thats organising it with Alan,depending what state my cortina is in i should be able to race for OS(should be 80% complete by then with tech inspection 4 drag racing :wink: ).wont be the fastest car but dont think itll be the slowest either.

i can also get us a 9 second s1 rx7 if we need it :wink:

Something tells me an rx7 wouldn't quite fit the theme heh... Its not really about speed but more about consistency and the fun of competing and showing that OS also has Musclecars or non Japanese OS cars.

But yea anyone with a car that fits but I must reseerve a place for Bart unless he says he can't make it as we have raced together so often.

And then we can see how many we have that are interested.

DYO format is perfect and as stated anyone can win.

i won one a few yaers back at fram autolite dragway (use to be chapion dagway) in auck with the wifes 3.0 auto pajero

as you stand on the pedal and it done the same run everytime ....won 100 bucks back then and second was a

stock standard auto ford bronco.