MRMK1's Val wag/corpse taxi

danger

It is indeed a fucking gay job. Gayer than aids. Have lots of bourbon on hand to keep your sanity. I'm pretty sure they're all pressed in too. As well as that, you're gonna need either a pair of pipe tongs, or a bootty arse pair of vise grips. Remove the clip from the rear of the torsion bar pocket, and loosen off the torsion bar bolt. Then you gotta drive the torsion bar out through the back. They're usually tighter than a nuns cunt in the nesting season. And when you go to refit them, you have to rotate the torsion bar pocket on the lower arm so that it's "timed" to match the hex on the end of the torsion bar. And thats before you can beat the fuck out of the back of it to drive it back in. (Once again, nun's cunt territory)

I've also heard that AP5 bumpstops are shorter, enabling more slam.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^ Spoken like a man with access to a hoist.

When I had to repair my AP5 after collecting a kerb and concrete lamp post, (As a hairy ase school kid) and had to reassemble the front of my VG (As the front suspentioned was missing when I bought it) on dirty on concrete blocks, many a profanity was uttered. (Many many, many, many)

Perhaps. The cunty part is holding the torsion bar while driving it back. I fucked my $10 pair of vise grips by pounding them with a hammer whilst they were clamped tightly on the bar. A book I read made reference to a "Special tool" to remove the torsion bars. But it neglected to picture it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can weld up and modify your front spring hanger, and correct the pinion angle with wedges. (There's heaps of kingpin length to keep the wedges/spring pads spigoted together)

You just have to make sure the top of the spring eye doesn't rub on the top of the spring hanger mounting pocket on the body.

But blocks are easy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...