1GGE ITB set-up.

Chuffaneilious

Hey Everyone,

Im getting a 1gge engine and im going to suiting the RB26DETT Individual throttle bodies that my brother owns to the standard 1GGE Alloy Intake manifold Gasket and weld on a custom set of runners to a Alloy gasket for the ITB's to be bolted to and then get the set up finished with a new set of Sock filters.

60915822.jpg

I am also going to adjust my brothers toyota 2JZ-GE supra headers he got off Ebay that didn't fit his Right Hand Drive toyota supra because there are intended for a Left Hand Drive, Im going to get him to get a Stainless 6mm or 8mm 1GGE exhaust gasket cut out which I will get welded on myself.

2jzheaders.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20v 4age throttles may work better fitment wise. also, don't run filter socks. they are rubbish

+1 for ecu

Would you suggest using trumpets instead?? Im going to use RB26 ITB's Because I can them cheap and my brother can make me the manifold. But if someone can sell me X6 4AGE throttle bodies i would use them instead because I've seen people use themon the 1G engine before. What ECU do you suggest using??

Trumpets plus some kind of plenum chamber would work best, possibly one of those large pipercross filters. Cant go past a link for the ECU I guess!

Yeah, I was think of some kind of Link ECU, they didn't win a prize at seama for nothing.

I was thinking of using either single filters or the Dual filters so i might use Pipercross or trumpets but didn't think of using a plenum with them so i might use these ideas when it comes time to fit the throttle bodies.

Its not that hard to make a fibreglass plenum something like the below pic

toda_itb_plenum_carbon_f20.jpg

It will be much easier to get cold air to the intake and will gain a tiny abit of power if done right. Then just take it off for max noise when needed

Yeah, I was thinking fibreglass or stainless or alloy. Because I could get all the metal for free and welded up for free also.

Would it be advisible to just have trumpets and no plenum?? If not, Why not??

will be sucking nothing but hot air without a plenum./sounding awesome

the individual unifilter etc filters cost 30whp back to back on a mates beams 3sge

will be able to have a cold air source if running a plenum and appropriate ducting.

use pipercross or plenum with cold air intake

yeh if you want massive intake noise. run a big piper cross style filter. had zero loss on back to back dyno runs open throttles vs pipercross. if you want to grab every last bit of power. airbox and good cold air feed as above, but its a 1g, so i'd be going option 1

i suggested going 4age throttles, as those rb26 ones maybe too long/far apart, as someone else said

will be sucking nothing but hot air without a plenum./sounding awesome

the individual unifilter etc filters cost 30whp back to back on a mates beams 3sge

will be able to have a cold air source if running a plenum and appropriate ducting.

use pipercross or plenum with cold air intake

Sweet, Im going to run a intake plenum then with the six filters. What do you usefor Plenum intake ducting?? just a pipe feeding air from front?? or a pod filter or something??

Cheers.

if you run a plenum you dont usually run filters on the throttle inlets, you just use a pod or panel filter on the inlet to the plenum (see pic)

4623311399_e4d570b929_b.jpg

Wow, That engine looks mean, Why are people running trumpets or filters and not running the plenum if it is better?? Just wanting to know.