rb drifter's "night rider" 83 starion

rb drifter

Tis a rude height, but I'm sure you'll fix that. How did you get on with those struts down here?

That car has pleeeeenty of history down here in ChCh. The motor you've got there I actually assembled, twice! First time was for a white starion I used to own, but ended up in my old black sapporo. Did many trouble free k's, then I sold the car. New owner free-boosted it, and smashed the ring lands on the pistons. The sapporo then ended up in a mates hands, and I pulled the motor for him, took it apart again, re-honed and reassembled with some 2nd hand pistons. Good news is it all looked nice and clean inside and no problems :). Mate drove the sapporo for a while, then bought your starion and the motor ended up in that. (I'm 99% certain thats how it went anyways...) The rocker rover useds to be nicely painted blue, but some sort of weird reaction with an engine degreaser made it go all funny.

The car itself belong to another mate of mine down here for many years, he did most of the mods to it, including the high-flowed turbo, and installing the LSD.

Was always a nice car to drive, glad to see its not being scrapped :)

very rude.....

ive paid the dude for the struts but he hasnt got back to me with a contact number and address. so this leaves my wagon sitting at mums house with no suspension currently.

did the diff get rebuilt at any stage do you know? cause i think its due, it cracks alota one wheel action atm but when it does hook two holy shit........

already had one hairy moment in it, so put better tires on.

now to see how long my licence lasts driving this car in typical whangarei rain.....

• Like 1

Unless the LSD has been pinched again at some stage? The open diff ones i've owned before would usually single side, but occasionally hook two. Jack up one rear wheels and see if you can turn it. Mine barks up two pretty much constantly.

i was wondering if maybe diff oil needed replacing? i will jack up to check, but it also sounds like a locky when i turn tight in my driveway, it does that skipping on one wheel shit. i know in my mates mazda ute we put a lsd in it and it would hook 2 constantly on dry but if it was wet would pop a few gay one wheelies. so u just had to chuck it in to corners to get it to going.

are the mr2 inserts shorter?

atm it has r32 dobi springs in rear minus 1 1/2 coils, just uncaptive so put some rubbers in there to make captive for wof guy. but it sat at prety much the same height which was a fail.........

have to find some other springs for it as im not to keen on cutting standys, and im to stingy to buy new lowering springs rather fork out for adjusties when bank allows

After seeing in the flesh, loving it. giz a turn bro....

seeing as tho you do hook up the tires you have earnt a blat in it.... next meet find a skid spot?

• Like 1

The standard springs it had in it when it was knocking around down here were compressed I think, never had a problem getting a warrant?

MR2 inserts are shorter in the body, but I think they have around the same extended length as the factory Starion ones. I remember the rears definately had threaded sections welded on top, but I'm not sure what inserts it had in it.

yeah i had suspisions the fronts were compressed. dude i got it off was telling me it had new rear shocks put in so will have to have a good look at them. think ill put standy rear springs back in as theres no real height difference for now. still got the guys number though as i want to buy the sideskirts/rear bumper he has for this, will ask him about the rear shocks.

i wana try some e30 bmw springs in the front though as i just put some in my wagon struts to get the wagon rolling again and its sitting same if not lower than when the starion suspension was in it. they were superlow king springs from memory? got them off a mate for stripping his crashed e30

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
What a fuck wit, hope the cops see that video

Its crap like this that gives genuine car enthusiasts such a bad name and image.

Exactly, I mean everyone does a little skid once in a while. But broad daylight, in the middle of a group of shops with mulitple cars driving past? Thats simply fucking stupid

What a fuck wit, hope the cops see that video

Its crap like this that gives genuine car enthusiasts such a bad name and image.

Exactly, I mean everyone does a little skid once in a while. But broad daylight, in the middle of a group of shops with mulitple cars driving past? Thats simply fucking stupid

you guys are fuckin puss ass crackas, sack the fuck up man it was a chilled out sunday arvo just after a munch of chips then decided to lite it up n see sum rubber get laid down, wot the hells wrong with that? no one got hurt no cars got fucked no body complained aside from you douchebags so just chill out, it was a phat skid..appritiate it man

So its perfectly fine that a car with a family in it could have been coming around the corner just as the driver lost control of his "phat skid" and crashed into that family? Cool. I sure feel like a "fuckin puss ass cracka" now :rolleyes:

Im not saying dont do skids Im saying dont be Fucking Retards, but I see that I will likely have to use smaller words, maybe even pictures to get you to understand that

So its perfectly fine that a car with a family in it could have been coming around the corner just as the driver lost control of his "phat skid" and crashed into that family? Cool. I sure feel like a "fuckin puss ass cracka" now :rolleyes:

Im not saying dont do skids Im saying dont be Fucking Retards, but I see that I will likely have to use smaller words, maybe even pictures to get you to understand that

Exactly.

60357740828466255335520.jpg