forged piston manufacturers?

phatt20

need to get a set of four custom forged pistons made, only place i found so far is denco engineering in chch, but apparently

costs around 1500$ a set, which seems a little pricey.

anyone know who else could do me a set for a more realistic price? was budgeting around the 1000 dollar mark.

a mate got a set of venolia ones made in the us for 800nzd deliverd, but it was like 2 month turn around.

to get custom ones made that sounds a fair price of around 1500, your average off the shalf forged pistons would set you back 800 if not more nzd easy so if he got those venolia ones for 800 custom id go for them even know it was 2 month turn around.. but just my 2c

for a 7k toyota engine, had the acl piston book out the other day and and couldnt find anything that suits my requirements , yeah 1500 is proly reasonable if he holds the monopoly on custom pistons in nz , but still almost twice the price a lot of places in the US etc seem to be able to do them for. just thought surely somewhere else does them in nz? may well not be anywhere cheaper but ya dont know unless ya ask. my main isue with going overseas for them is the long turn around time and i have heard i few horror stories of pistons turning up with not 100% what you specced them at, mates ones had .5mm less compression height than he specced for instance, he just skimmed the block to suit so wasnt a big deal but yeah .

so its looking like the general consensus is to just pay 1500$ and stop being a tight cunt ?

keltik was that for off the shelf pistons or custom made?

It was an existing design from one manufacturer being copied and modified for higher compression. So I think it was an existing casting but they machined the crown a bit differently.

There is a NZ alternative to Bob Denson's pistons, but I can't remember the name of the other company/guy.

I had some made (with pins and total seal rings) by the other crowd and the finished product was good. $1,500 is about right for four pistons and pins.

Alternatively - try Ross Pistons in the USA

Whats the compression height on the 7k pistons? Are you wanting flat tops?

compression height is 33.5 , wanting around the 83mm bore size, they also have a 20mm gudgeon compared to other k motors 18mm . was hoping to get a piston with a small chamber to suit the big valve twin squish head i have, but flat tops will also work , can just do another head to suit.