4k noises, running shit

mad_max

Got a 4k dx wagon as a daily and a bit of fun every now and then and its all of a sudden gained some issues

It started making a noise which i assumed was tappets which happened after a skid attempt from my sober driver one night.

It wasnt too bad but then all of a sudden it started a loud tappet like noise when reving and wont idle properly (sounds like a rota)

its like its down a cylinder or something.

Anyone find this familiar? or know what it could be?

I dont know alot about them and dont want to rip it all apart unless i know what im looking for.

Could just be easier to get new motor...

Cheers

Is there a way i can check if thats what it is? would that be a reason for it not idling and having next to no power?

Possibly if it's the intake. But if it is the intake I wouldn't think the noise would be as described.

Yank that cover off and have a look. Is easy. Bonus you will get your hands dirty and get to use tools.

Been under cover, looks algood, Sussed a replacement 5k but would rather find the problem with this to keep as spare.

Sounds like something loose in there or something, if i keep at steady rpm theres a rattle every now and then but if accelerating it overpowers every other sound, can still hear after trying to drown out with music (figured if i cant hear it its not happening.lol)

sounds normal at idle (with choke as wont idle untill hot (used to idle str8 away)