5MGE Mods

Sammy

Hey guys

Im looking too get a bit more power into my cressy, was thinking the cheap route with the 7mgte turbo because im pretty sure it will bolt straight on, but ive also heard that a 5mge doesnt respond well too boost and chances are ill only be running factory internals.

Is it maybe better too go down the 7m route or ultimately a 1jz? I already have a Supercharged 7m so looking at something different

If i was too stay 5m would I gain much power just from porting the head, some cams and a bigger throttle body?

cheers guys

5mge doesnt respond well too boost

Complete opposite.

Even though it only has half the valves of the 7M, the ports are a lot better shape so they actually respond to boost a shitload better than the 7M.

Cams/extractors etc work quite well. They are pretty easy to get more juice from them.

I've read threads on the celicasupra forum of people getting 400odd hp on factory internals. Personally I wouldn't try it myself, but it seems the 5M bottom end can take it.

It all depends on how much more power you wanna get. If ya can snap up a 7M turbo setup and get creative with piggyback fuel systems / RRFPRs etc you could make around 300hp for $1K or so.

You couldn't get a 2JZ in for that price unless you scored some real good deals.