lofreq's accord of lowlyness

lofreq

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i hear you, i was sceptical too after seeing them on for the first time. but with a bit of cleanup on them, right sized tires, and height, it worked out really well, im very happy. :)

for the short term, just roll it thru summer and enjoy. its such a pleasure to drive...

medium term, custom shocks and coilover conversion, front brake upgrade, chin spoiler if one can be found (would love the one off my markII back)

long term, dual webers or similar carb upgrade, and rust spot fix/respray

and then, electric motor and battery upgrade, followed by hoverconversion :)

Could be worthwhile having a chat to the guys at CSL at the top of carlton gore rd, re crab settup - by all accounts they are GC's (not sure if the Oxton's are still involved there - used to be Oxton motors)

They might not have the same resource as Webber for moulds, but might be able to help?

there might still be some manifolds kicking around for these motors, dennis marwood would be the guy to talk to, can't remember the name of his shop though. He did the twin dellorto manifolds for the civic zr's, he still has those moulds, so might have stuff for the accords?

had to slam out the front suspension for the show - springs werent seated right as well, and car was on a lean! lol

its bumped in the show on the front, hence needing shorter struts/coilover solution. rear is all good. height on front goes up about 3/4" with springs back in.

edit: will definitely hit up CSL/Autoquip for their thoughts on upgraded carbs... my initial thought was to run quad bike carbs but there seems to be split schools of thought on this, on the intarwebs..... id prefer to run 4 carbs and 4 trumpets off a big bike just for the sound and look!