Andy's 50 Spinner Coupe.

andy

This is cool Andy.

Are you going to do the welding/body work your self? I gather you are an engineer of some type?

How much rust is there to fix, it looks like alot of repair panels.

This will be awesome when its done.

There was a roof chopped twin spinner getting around West Auckland years ago it was sweet.

Im in two minds over the body work. Its basically the floors, rockers and lower fenders... pretty much the lower 4 inches of the car.

Im a fitter and turner and have done a reasonable amount of TIG work but have moved off the tools in the last 12 months and no longer have access to a TIG. I now have to decide whether to spend a couple K buying a TIG setup or to spend some money and get some work done by a pro. Ive been talking with Tony at Custom Metal Shapers and he has a really good setup including a spot welder which would be ideal for the rockers and floors. The best solution will be if I can get it into his shop and if he allows me to do some of the work myself. The previous owner has replaced the rockers and messed up the door gaps. Tony also has a car-o-lina so it would be good to get it up on there and line everything up. I will get some pics of all the patch panels this weekend.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers.

Yeah I know what you mean.

I'd be tempted to do it my self I hate having to rely on other people and it's a good excuse to buy a welder.

If you can work in with the panel beater though that would be outstanding.

I straightened my Super Sport frame the other day too.

spam post lol.

You can see my bikes (89 Bashguard Bully and 89 Mongoose Cali pro) on the BMX museum. I post under Kiwiandy. Same on the HAMB btw. I warn you now though, set aside a few hours. These can also cause serious distractions to progress on vehicles.

Nice car Andy, did the guy have a few of them?

My old man had a twin spinner many years ago. Then like all most of his cars were pulled apart, shifted from house to house till my brother eventually ended up with it. Just a shell with doors now sitting behind a local garage last I heard. Was left in an old truck body so not directly in the weather. Might go for a look on friday and see what I find.

Would be keen to see pics if any are available. There are very NZ new spinners that suvived in our climate. We also only got 4 door cars with no coupes or 2 doors (tudors). Like any old ford the lower 6 inches is like an asprin. Pretty much all the new steel im putting in mine is galved so it should be good for another 60+ years. The guy I got mine from had two or three of them. I have a pic somewhere of him and his wife he sent me when I got the car. I will try and find it.

Yeah staying with Henry's chassis. Late 50's early 60's mild custom. The 302/C4 is a little modern but I will just keep the bonnet closed. Would like a Y Block but I already have the windsor. What spinner have you got and what disks are planning to fit? Aerostar springs (transit) are what they go for to drop them in the States. From there you can fit spacers under the spring platforms or get dropped uprights. The tunnel just forward of the diff needs some bangin if you go past a 3 inch drop in the back. Cheers.

I have a '5I Victoria and just getting the 'bolt on' kit from Jamco. Mine is pretty low at the back but seems to clear the tunnel sweet, although I did have to remove the rear seatbelts. I have seen that lowering block for the front spacer bit thing, I always wonder how they will go the NZ laws. XA falcon springs work well for the front too. I am going hack the front bump stop perch off too then pop if on a flat bit of steal because its higher than what it needs to be, even with a 10mm bump stop.

Yeah na not quite going that far, just the brakes really and hit a new master cylinder

http://www.jamcosuspension.com/products ... ductID/458

That bad boy, they got specials on stuff atm. I hear it takes years for them to do shit though.

Na that wasnt mine, assume your talking about the blue patina one? This cunt is mine

DSC05904.jpg

Might pull the engine out soon once my falcon is not exploding all time

Nice! Yeah Jamco will probably mess you around and this will only happen once they actually reply to you. Ive had a few bits and pieces from them. A mate recently told me to buy from their ebay site as its quicker. Word is that they keep sweet F A stock and indent everything once its paid for so customer wears all costs and the wait. Let me know how you get on and what the quality is like. Cheers.

Hey Andy, I stopped in the garage where my dads old spinner was put and it was still there. Had to go through alot of bush and the staff had no idea there was some thing back there. Its not looking to healthy with its missing bits but still brought back some memories. Think its been closer to 15 years sitting there.

ndfmh.jpg

esvvqv.jpg

14t25x4.jpg

30ljn80.jpg

t06dz9.jpg