Toyota diffhead interchangability???

MACKAZ

I believe that to be slightly misleading advice.

KE20 is small as B code diff.

Starlets can be X or larger U code.

KE30 is U code.

KE70 is U code.

With work most can fit each other. But for a straight bolt on fix, stick to the same series of diff

i dont think it was misleading? he asked if they would go in, they do. sometimes you have to mix and match models to get the correct ratio for your intended use so the same series diff isnt always the best option.

From the question I'd guess he's talking about swapping the diff heads between diff housings.

In which case, you'd need U code diff head into U code housing etc?

Spot on there bro. Im pretty sure its dropped the carrier pin, he wants me to lock it up but Im not a fan of locked diffs on the road. Just wanna get something and throw it in. Its a KE70 slant front if that makes any difference.

i dont think it was misleading? he asked if they would go in, they do. sometimes you have to mix and match models to get the correct ratio for your intended use so the same series diff isnt always the best option.

From the question I'd guess he's talking about swapping the diff heads between diff housings.

In which case, you'd need U code diff head into U code housing etc?

indeed, but he asked if ke20 and 30 diff heads will fit straight in to his ke70 housing, which they ALL will, as even if they are b code, they still use the same size axles. i saw no need to confuse the issue for him.