Greasing rubber bushes

felixx

OK I am about to slip some new bushes into the rear shackles of the 'box. I expect they will be tighter than the neighbours cat to get in. Do I use normal grease or something special like his and hers KY jelly?

Get this stuff. You will be amazed how often you use it. It is also safe to use on brake caliper rebuilds, wiring grommets and speargun rubbers. It is made with castor oil so is less agressive on rubber than a petroleum based product.

rubbergrease.png

OK I did it today. I got drunk after work yesterday and forgot to go to repco.

I used wetsuit Lube UJ (you would be proud!)

It is funny how the bottom ones on the inside were completely slogged out (worn thru) and the top ones looked new. (I replaced em anyway)

• 2 weeks later...

Rubber grease is fantastic stuff. I use it all the time for pretty much everything. Its good for anything you are putting together with an o-ring or rubber gaskets (like my mustang engine - used it heaps on this)

Also its real handy for putting on tight radiator hoses and things, just need a little smear and they are so much easier to get on