Alistair's borrowed Nan's car again...

Alistair

Not good at all Alan lol. Mostly assembled now, however I pulled the sump off to find the head missing from one of the head bolts and it's not there. Doh. So now I'm at a standstill. Tempted to pull motor out and give it a strip down and freshen up and possibly swap the rods out for bigger items.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 ft/lb maybe? thats about cam bearing cap spec

Haha the 10nm was a reference, I need 13nm for the cam caps as Kris suggested. Not sure how important this is. Ive got them tightened evenly just below the scale of where my wrench goes to (19nm) where I estimated 13 would be but I should really do them properly lol.

was it there to begin with?

I don't think it would run 20 odd thousand kms on 16psi with a head bolt missing. Stumped me though. I need a thin flexible prod as the head on my magnet is too large. Only place I havent been able to get at is a small section of the oil drain from the block to the sump which I should have really done when I had the head off and expected it to be in the sump. Doh.

The washer was still sitting seated in place and nah the head snapped off under load. Not to worry though, got a smaller magnetic pickup that could reach further and with a bit of prising managed to find it so just off to continue putting it back together. Stoked!

• 2 months later...

Wow that was a while ago.

Got this stz sorted again after a few issues. Namely a boost leak which was rectified with a new steel body OEM Evo 9 BOV.

Sussed new wof/reg for it and got the road test/niggles sorted by Speedtech so I'm ready for summer track beating!

Also, biffed on fender mirrors that were an option on the first 85' models complete with blanking plates where door mirrors where.

Quite like them...

imag0044c.jpg

Nah brah, not unless I went to new link or got 5 bar map sensor for mine which makes tuning shady cause it doesn't actually increase the map zones you can tune lol. Runs 19-20psi so dependant on external factors it could regularly hit the 21psi map limit if I was to run closer to this.

Is heaps enough power at the moment anyway haha, need to biff all the gear into an ep85 for some traction :lol: