Tips on polishing rims

lou

Alright, I just bought a set of rims on trademe.

157796554_full.jpg

The original finish is a painted (possibly clearcoated) finish as oposed to a polished surface.

I'm wanting to polish the living shit out of these, particularly on the lip. What is the best way to go about it?

do they need to be acid dipped before hand? sanded? machined?

I'm kinda wanting to do this on the cheap as I still need to buy tyres for the rims too.

sand paper plus files for the curbings, be patient will come up nicely if you take your time an not rush it

EDIT* it does depend on what condition they are in, I've taken stuffed mags to bare metal before an then polished. IMO, use nothing less than 800grit paper, anything more will scratch it alot more than need an only prove more work for you.once you get them sanded nicely go up to 2000 grit to remove any imperfections form rubbings. fishing with a wax/cut an polish for mags and they will come up 50times better. you can sand/file minor curbings but you dont want to be taking more than 1-2mm at the most. Get the curbs done professionally for best results