K & N air filter material- where could I get some?

yoeddynz

Air filter material like that in K & N and similar style filters- where could I get some? I want to make my own pod filter to suit my SU carb. I could buy a cheap pod filter and hack it apart but would rather just start with the material in a sheet. Any ideas?

Cheers for ideas.Yeah I looked at getting a mini filter from UK but they all have closed off fronts. I have the feed hole in front panel and fancied making something like this one here to make the most of the cold air feed.

filterr.jpg

I would just buy one of these but almost all seem to either be too long, too big in base diameter,too big in the neck, too expensive. And something that bugs me is half the filters listed on trade me have no dimensions at all- inc the neck size?!! For example check out this idiots listing...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =376580031

Sure I'd buy a big K&N panel filter but they are bloody expensive too- I'm am on a teeny tiny budget. :cry:

haha did you know that pod filter was red!!!

"Sorry mate could tell from the picture" I must be blind

Honda drivers that think they are cool huh,

An answer like that must have made your blood boil.......probably red

I hope you said something like "your a dumb C#%T" back to him haha

Yeah I have thought about that- but would want something really easy to remove as the adjusting screw for carb mixture is right up near radiator. I had to chop down my stubby screw driver to get in there - its now like 50mm long. I'll do another measure up tomorrow.

ha yeah- could just stuff a mattress into space next to carb :-)

Anyway- just bought a pod filter from littlereds on trademe. 25 bucks inc postage and the do colours other than bloody red! Cheap enough to chop up.:)

I'll cut /shut it and post the process up here for other future cheap bastards like me to copy.