Does anyone know what the the V.E. is for a stock pinto?

RUNAMUCK

After the Nats, i500GT would like to fit a supercharger to a pinto. In order to accurately calculate what blower drive ratio to run, we're going to need to know what the volumetric effeciency is. As it's going to be a low-buck set up to begin with, (how they always start out, but so seldom stay) it's going to be imperitive not to run too much boost.

Surely some of you pinto fiends will know a ball park figure for this engine???

We haven't got that far yet. Some say that the eatons can't hack having fuel passing through them. Although I've seen a few set ups where they've been run with drawthrough carb set ups.

I've got an m62 here that he could buy much much cheaper than that.

Absolutley no idea.

The blower I have here came off a VG33 in a nissan frontier pick up truck. (ebay special)

I did a bit of googling on these motors a while ago. They reckon that the blowers are out of their efficency range once you turn up the wick on these engines. But given how much fewer cubes the pinto has, it should be able to pep things up quite comfortably without pushing the envelope too far. The only consideration will be what the stock engine can stand. Although with a realistic boost figure, and a conservative tune there shouldn't be too many reliability issues.

Excellent!

I'm thinking maybe we should go see Simon tommorrow evening and pick his brains about the costs involved in running the TBI that his pinto van has.

sweet, if not tomorrow maybe next week as im heading down south on friday for the weekend

With a cheap link, and the TBI, you could unlock some crazy horsepower Karl.

I'll txt you up tommorrow.

PS, given your addiction to old corty's, you'll fit in with those bogans like they're youre family you were separated from at birth!