Ex lancer turbo

LancerEX

Hey iv gota 1981 Ex lancer 1600 and im going to be droping a 4g63t out of a starion into it.

Does any one hava a wiring diagram for the loom?

i also need some ideas for the diff i want to replace the standard 1 with a disc brake/lsd diff

but im not sure what to use i have heard that the 1800 turbo lancer have factory lsd and disc diffs

and that it would match my 1600 lancer. i dont mind putting abit of cash into it i just need some ideas

thanks

the turbo diff would probably be the best/easiest option, but I imagine but may be very hard to find. otherwise maybe one from a rwd sigma might be close?

otherwise you are looking at something like a hilix/l200/other small ute diff and some amount of custom fabrication work to get whatever you use to fit. on the plus side you can choose something very strong with a good choice of ratios and lsd/locker options, albeit with a weight penalty.

if your lucky fuel might have a wiring diagram or at least some helpful advice I imagine.

manuals at the library bro,

nerd up roll to reference section unload your shrapnel and photo copy that shit.

also diff will not concern cert but will hinder your wof/insurance/police man if you change it afterwards,

ie do everything on the one cert

If you wanna keep it Mitsi id run a Sigma wagon diff.

The wagons (Jap not Aussie) came out with the Mitsi 10 bolt diff. These diffs are almost the same as the GSR Lancer EX diffs. Difference being they are drum braked and have different mounts. Dimensionally they are the same.

I thought that the 10 bolt L200 diff heads would also slip in (some L200's came out LSD) but a well known EX guru tried this idea to no avail. I believe.

ive heard donno if the info is right but you can use a libero 4wd wagon diff and then you get disk brakes etc also got told they just bout bolt in like i said donno if the info i got told is right ive got a libero in the back yard if you want pics or measurements.

• 5 months later...

i ended up just using the standard diff and getting the starion and lancer diffs balanced and welded together for now, iv been for cert and failed for brakes due to excessive fade, im going to do som,e home work on the libero diffs and see if i can make it work.