AU Falcon motor, Dizzy and Carbed.

wickmyster

The 4.0 litre inline six-cylinder engine was upgraded to aid refinement and increase power to 157 kilowatts (211 hp) this included the removal of the distributor as it was replaced with a coil-pack ignition system which was a first for the Falcon

You may have had an el? they went back to a similar setup as the ED with a dizzy for the el. Visually the engine bays between ef and el loko quite similar - the plastic intake manifold over the rocker cover is the only obvious difference when looking at the engine bay/bonnet up

oh yeah if your intrested, i have a xf motor laying here thats been rebuilt, sweet cam, bored, new pistons, line bored, balanced, new oil pump fuel pump, recoed / re jetted carb, i used it for 3 months in my boat then fuel leaked on the distributer and the distributer burnt out. it also has a super ugly/rooted valve cover and some random old marine parts on it.

Yeah, but if you where after economy, you wouldn't do up a a falcon six, you'd leave it standard and nana it around, plus, my carbied xf 6 did over 32 MPG, my efi only did 28MPG, both stock standard to start with ;D Plus my carbied one ate my efi one in performance, but I have not tried the muiltipoint one out for economy.