AU Falcon motor, Dizzy and Carbed.

wickmyster

I know alot of the stock cars boys do this, an I am keen to do this to get my XA Coupe driving, maybe even leave it in there permanently with the way gas prices are.

Anyone know what model falcon dizzy you use? And what manifold and carb are best suited?

AU XR6 motor the best option?

Any info ideas would be appreciated.

(Apart from dont tell me to put a V8 in it...why? AU motor $400 same power, better on gas, just not the same sound)

ea/eb manifold(multipoint i believe) with xf webber..

xf 2 wire dizzy is easiest

can use a ef/l dizzy but takes a bit more dicking round.

pretty filthy pic but you get the idea..i had a nylon spacer on this as we had to run a restrictor..

1000767f.jpg

EA-ED Center point I think is the manifold, the multi point has long runners and plenum.

I've seen EA manifolds with 350 holley adaptors on TM for low prices.

I think that XR6 motors sell for a lot more.

Could you buy a whole ED and swap the whole lot over?

uh yeh centrepoint...my bad...new it was one the 2..

tbh i think the xr6 motors are over rated a bit, ok for stock use..

but if decide to get a cam grind and run a carby just run a lpg motor and get the headgasket replaced for reliability..

chuck in a set of good plugs from a xr6...

try and run the ea/eb dizzy if you can..theyr alot cheaper and easier to get than the xf dizzys.

just watch the sumps on the au as theyr alloy and very bulky...pretty sure you can throw a steel sump on them though.

ive seen rods fly out the botton when one has let go, good fireworks show..

Steel sump EA-EL. EF-EL were the best from that series, better gaskets etc. Early EA-EB were head gasket problem prone.

EA has computer timing controll, It would be hard to make it work is you used one, Ford had enough problems making them work.

yup...from memory(looking at a mates stocky) the dizzy is all good, run a electronc type coil,and theres about 4 wires to the dizzy module on those....pitty i gave my spares away with my last car..

just a case of finding out which wires go to the coil etc.. 2min job for an auto sparky