KarlB 82 Ex Lancer build

karlb

hey guys this is the discussion board for my ex lancer build.

Having a brain wreaking time at the moment trying to find what to do to the suspension dont really want to go down the road of putting coilovers in at the moment as i dont want to get cert at the moment and dont want to get hounded by the cops with cutties.

im also trying to find out what sort of power steering system i could fit in there. if anyone has done this conversion will be a great help

With your front suspension, you can do what I did and troll pick a part and find a vehicle with the same diameter springs but shorter. ($8 each from pick a part from memory)

You could then get those springs compressed to make them shorter again. I used archers springs in Takanini. Cost me $100 a pair.

Then alls you need to do is get the inserts shortened/shorter inserts replaced and your away......in theory.

For power steering I guess the only bolt in option would be to find a PS setup out of a SE Sigma or Starion/Eterna/Sapporo etc.

You will have to make sure you get EVERYTHING. Including steering column.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well not a lot has been done to the beast lately.

will upload load more pics when i get hold of the camera again.

now iv just brought an auto rwd sigma with a 4g63 :)

so hopefully in a couple of weeks will be able to do the conversion.

now i know they 4g63 will bolt up on the engine mounts. now what about the the standard 1600 ex gearbox and drive shaft.will those be able to stay in there and bolt up or will i need extras?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...