Colza's 1963 Prince Skyline

Colza

Shit mate, theres a bit of serious rust there alright. That area around the c-pillar looks pretty concerning and I can just imagine what those sills will be like when you open them up - rotting from the inside out no doubt.

On the plus side, interior looks very tidy and it looks nice and complete. If you are a meticulous person I would suggest a slow and well documented/labeled strip down and then acid dipping the body to see exactly what you have. You can then begin to repair from there, or if not a lot comes out of the dip, begin to sell everything to kyteler for exorbitant prices.

Have MIG, can weld. Have glued cars back together before, though none quite as fucked as this one.

What I am not sure I have, is 100 000 hours worth of motivation. I feel pretty motivated now, but in 6 months time....

i say get it going brakes working etc, slam it and chuck some other cars plates on it. win win.

Now theres a thought 8)

I have some manuals, the Shop manual though doesn't go as far as taking the body off the chassis. Like Spence says though. It's pretty straight forward. Once you get in there and start pulling the interior out and have a look underneath, you'll soon see what needs to be done. Next time I'm out at my one, I'll grab the Parts Manual, which might have a few better diagrams as far as the body v. frame goes.

Absolutely beautiful!.

Being a 63 definitely puts it in a different league. It's not very common for these earlier ones to popup in Japan. You will generally only find the 1967 onwards model Prince.

Having watched the car for sometime on Trademe I am happy to see it ended up with someone on Oldschool :)

All the best of luck if you decide to proceed with the rebuild!

Ky, NZmax's one isn't legit is it?

Sadly my Skyline isnt legal at the moment. Rego lapsed when I was in OZ 2yrs ago, the reminder came after I left and only had 12 days to get it done, so was over when i got back. Didnt think about it when I left. Tried begging the Motor Vehicle registery place, but their attitude was not our problem, you should have known. Anyway, my own stupid fault in the end I guess.

In the meantime its had fuel issues, and still does. Had to have the fuel tank cut open, cleaned out and then resurfaced as it was full of what looked like paint flakes. Fuel pump has packed up, and now that ive hooked up a new electric one, it doesnt seem to supply enough fuel to the carb to go over 30miles per hour, which is ok for round town i suppose, but I live 26km from a major town. So either a bigger pump is required, which I bought over the weekend, or I have a blocked line from the back of the car to the engine bay. Hopefully its not the blocked pipe option. If it requires the bigger pump, at least ill be able to use the smaller pump for when I convert my C32 Laurel back to petrol from LPG as its the right litre/m, so it wasnt money down the drain.

Colza...the top of the rear guards by the back window is a common rust place. My '62 has rust there, but not through yet. Also the seat cloth seems to be pretty resilient on these too. Mine has the same pattern and is still in good nick also, just the vinyl have a few holes from the previous owners grandkids stabbing it with a screwdriver. Being a '62 model, mine had the earlier front with the headlights as part of the guards. Watch the bonnet too, it will smack you under the chin if you are not careful as they seem to be heavily sprung, and after 30 times of banging your head on the catch on the underside of the bonnet when its open, you will still keep doing it. One of the joys of Skyline ownership. You mention on your vid about the lounge style rear seat, the front is the same. Ive always said that driving a 1st generation Skyline is like driving a lounge suite. Pleased to see its gone to a good home.

My parents still have a road legal '66 Prince B200. And yes...we did have a '66 B200 Estate many years ago.

Steve