Keen for an oldschool run?

427carguy

Ok guys, so i cant think of a date at the moment (probley due to spending the weekend at rangiora car show) ill throw up sunday 13th of feb as a start and see what you guys think. and as for the route sounds like most keen for a shorter run so should we roll with the over the hills tothe wheitcheif (i cant remember how its spelt). anyone got any other ideas for when we should do this?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not go all the way round to charteris bay or further? Sweet roads around there and you could stop at autum bradley park for a bbq or whatever. Theres no loop as such but driving the same road back is all good as not many people would have gone over there for a while?

Just a change from the usual loop?

We could keep on rocking round the bays, and come out in Akaroa. I did it once (coming the other way) in my old C20. There's quite a long stretch of gravel roads too!

Orton Bradly park can be a nice spot, but beyond there is some gay roads. (50kph speel limit, and built up area nowdays) I like roads with twissty turnys, a hundy kmh speed limit, and no other cunt around.

isnt that starting to get back into long run though? perhaps we could plan two runs, say a month or so apart, one short, one long, day trip bbq and such for the long run, somewhere like akaroa or at the kart track in kaikoura, and around the hill, carpark/pub meetup for the short one?

I'd say a run similar length to last years, with that attendance it was great, Kaikoura would be out for me.. Off to palmy etc first week of feb, nzdatsun have rakaia cruise the 19th so I'd be more inclinded a couple weeks after that , as It'll give some a break from 4 n rota's etc...

My 2c worth..

And Something with some curves, slow sections are good too as the general public gets a view, and stops along a route are good too..

In palmerston north this weekend

I know plenty of people that a prior engaged with things, that will be keen and have turned up on previous cruises. Still think should wait like at least a month after 4's n Rota's, plus need to sort a route out, and get the word out, to make it bigger and better than last year!