grinding down welds on banded steels?

Beaver

hey all,

whats the best way to remove/smooth the welds on widened steels? its just penetration as they are welded from the outside. Just a grinder? might be a bit tricky. Or would a die grinder thingy work? Are they any good at removing material?

cheers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the worst wheel but yeh. they dont smooth them off anymore, ive had two sets done and they were btoh like this. others I have talked to are they same they used to do it but not anymore. Id actually rather go to someone else and have to paybe maybe 50 odd buks than go back to elite. it took them 4 weeks to fix one leaking rim.....fuck knows how long itl take to lathe 4 of them. I konw I should hit them up but im over caring, woudl rather just get it done elsewhere.

Find someone with big swing lathe, profit.

If you do decide to just grind, dont use a flap disk like daf cain said to use, you'll fuck it. You want grind the TOP off, then 60g that shit till the weld is flat then throw some 120g(z) at it then start getting you sand on.

Or just bog the fuck out of it.