Volvo 244 B21 oil pressure relief valve

fuel

Hey guys, where is the oil pressure relief valve located on a Volvo B21 engine in a '76 244GL? My oil light is on and sometimes flickers at high rpm, oil level is full and I can hear a faint knocking noise so I think the oil pressure is quite low - possible stuck relief valve.

Thanks!

haha yeah I know. That faint knocking noise doesn't appear to still be there after a 100km drive home - the light apparently has been on for the previous owner for a few weeks (I'm sure they had it checked out) and they drove from Nelson to Akl then to Tauranga with no probs. Hrmm. This is probably why you check out a car before buying it, apparently an oil light on isn't something that I should know about when I specifically asked if there were things to know about.

Sweet as cheers for that I'll see what Mike has and failing that will go to Mitchell Motorsport. I think I know what the problem is now though, this other guy with a 240 series had the same troubles and it turned out to be this:

oilpan38.jpg

I just wonder who/where does the new seals

oilpan54.jpg

hah I'm not that rangi!

I can't even get the electric oil pressure gauge sender on the block without it fouling on the alternator or the oil filter housing - the oil pressure switch looks to be the same used on most jappas so they're only a few bucks, will buy one and chuck it on and see, or just pinch one from the VR-4 or GT for testing.