K Series Dizzy into a 4AGE

KKtrips

So who can give me a rundown on what is required to modify a 2/3/4K dizzy to fit into a carbied 4AGE- searched on Club K and it seems everyone there is too scared to actually do it themselves or not willing to hand out the info..

Surely someone here has done it before.. :)

Cheers man that would be cool

Although looking at those pics it looks pretty straightforward - make a spacer and switching the drive gear over then some method of securing it to the head.. Will just need some measuring done and some nutting out..

i have a couple spare k-series dizzies, so can we just bung one in to start with, or will i need to arse around finding vac advance that works with the 4a etc?

and can i swap the drive gears non destructively or will i need to find another 4a dizzy to rape? dont want to chop up my current one for experiments sake.

one of those retainers looks hokie as, would definitely make same type as in jap advert.

or..

spring for a simple ignition computer, keep std 4age dizzy and be done with it?

yup chur, but in terms of installation and performance?

tbh i'm loathed to fuck around making parts for k series junk when i could just get something with a spiffy name. kinda want to avoid the hours of work hidden in the 'just get this, stick it to that, make one of these and hey presto an old dizzy' that i'll most likely want to throw out immediately!

• 2 weeks later...

depending on the shape of the pick up teeth it could potentially matter, but testing each way wont damage the module. if the teeth are symmetrical then it wont matter as the module will only read the trailing edge. if the teeth aren't symmetrical then 1 of the 2 ways you can connect the wires wont have a sharp enough voltage drop off for the module

hope thats mildly decipherable