Auckland: Thousand Dollar Supercar's housewarming, 28 August

good on you for getting a house man

os otp needed definately

:doubt:

I've given this some thought.

:idea: I think I need a separate housewarming for you guys (and other car people), so nobody frightens my grandmother / tells my work's national manager that newschool Porsches are gay. :wink:

So.

There's nowhere to sit in my house yet and it doesn't have that indoor-outdoor flow thing going on. No barbecue (yet), no patio heater, no patio.. It's pretty average, and there's not even a Burgerfuel nearby. Just average fish and chips and Dominos. Can't have everything I guess.

Substitute for monthly meet on a weeknight, or have it on a weekend and bring booze?

When? Can't be before the 21st of this month, so how about the following week - Saturday the 28th?

I pretty much trust the Auckland crowd not to trash the place, make my neighbours hate me and do burnouts.. :doubt: so PM me for the address. If you're Jake the Muss...

16185273a5606670285m.jpg

...with a post count of zero, the address might be wrong..

Got a couple of people coming so far with no objections to the 28th. Earliest possible date is now the 24th.

I'm preparing for the possibility of doing food, so I've been fixing my '50s oven. Fixed clock/timers, fixed the top element and grille and burnt off decades of grease the hard way:

smoke_small.jpg

I missed the best shots too. :shock:

And yes I know alcohol doesn't require grilling.

I was a flatting shore boy for 6~7 years, but now living near the bottom of Dominion Road. It was about as close to the city as I could afford without buying a unit.

Saw dspec_tt131's Galant GT in the local Burger King drive-thru tonight. :)

Date fixed as 28th August, question mark removed from thread title. :P

well since i seem to have made the thread, i should probably be there

You probably better be, so I can blame you. :P

Fuck you, I will be there if I can, and if I don't look like I've been punched in the mouth. Can you pm, fb, email, carrier pigeon, paper cup with strings the address to me, please? Thanks for nothing, and good bye.

This fishtailfred guy sounds like trouble though. :doubt: I imagine he's one of those long haired types who runs from the law in a dodgy Hyundai.

will the neighbours be offended if I 'forget' to put the exhaust on the ToRana?

The loudest things that normally come down the street are either the regular buses or lost boyracers passing through. I'm guessing a Torana with no exhaust would be way louder... as in how would you dodge the cops on the way over? :doubt:

As mentioned I'm not keen to have the neighbours hate me. Please put headers on Torana + no burnouts. :P

Keen. Can this be the alternative to burgerboes since we haven't had it this month?

:idea: Tell ya what. I bought a second hand TradeMe barbecue this weekend (already broken in, new smell replaced by grease and disease etc) - let's do burgers at my house. It'll be like Burgerfuel only yuck-tastic. :mrgreen:

I've been auditioning ingredients already, need to source some larger patties.

I also got two second hand couches so if you turn up early enough you'll have somewhere to sit. :P

This is tonight. :)

Four seasons are going on out the window.. hoping for some fine periods.

Turn up before sundown if you'd like the groundsman to take you on a tour of the estate (takes seconds, nothing to see, gets clay on your shoes)..

We can time dinner like a Burgerfuel meet if nobody shows up earlier.

BYO booze.

Rover will be on the drive to identify house / letterbox number quite visible.